Cruyff Court - St Matthew's
and Multi-Use Games Area.
St Matthew's Big Local is proud to bring the community a new quality facility for use by the whole community.
Located on Willow Street, St Matthew's. The new Cruyff Court - St Matthew's and Multi-Use Games Area will provide new and exciting opportunities for the whole community whatever ability or skill you have.
The 3G floodlit football pitch is 33m x 22m 5 a side pitch. The facility is state of the art and undergoes a weekly maintenance programme.
Car parking is available on street and at the nearby carpark on Belgrave Road, Just a short walk. Please see our Travel plan for more details.
The Cruyff Court offers the community of St Matthew's a playfield that stimulates physical activity, but it is designed to be so much more than just a football pitch. It is a place where people learn about respect, responsibility and integration through sports.
We will be working to provide constructive planned activities for everyone in our community. These activities will be delivered by experienced qualified coaching staff.
The facility is provided for free for use by the St Matthew's residents for casual play when the onsite display board is marked 'available', In the winter months the floodlights will only be turned on when the site is booked.
Groups must comply with the site terms and conditions and groups either based in St Matthew's or from outside of the area are required to book, groups and organisations will be charged to help cover maintenance cost (Discounts may apply for local groups, check our discount policy). This will be carefully monitored to allow maximum time for the local community.
Should you wish to use the facility please book online here
Spreadsheet of Availability of Cruyff Court, Netball Court and Basketball Court. Online here
F.A.Q'S / Terms and Conditions
1. All users of the Cryuff Court - St Matthew's (MUGA) agree to abide by the 14 rules of the Cryuff Court.
2. The MUGA is free for use by local residents wherever possible. There may be a time when activities are charged. The maintenance costs of the facility are high, groups and organisations may use the facility for a charge to help cover ongoing maintenance cost. This will be carefully monitored to allow maximum time for the local community. Safeguarding and relevant insurance may be requested. The site is designed for the community and is open access to members of public may be present at the location your safeguarding and risk assessment should take this into account.
3. The area is covered by CCTV for your safety, security and the prevention and detection of crime and antisocial behaviour. See our CCTV policy for further details.
4. St Matthew's Big Local encourages users to be respectful to the local community and comply with the Noise Management Plan.
5. Sustainable travel to the site is encouraged. There are bike storage facilities and nearby bus stops located on Taylor Road and Belgrave Road. Please check our travel plan for more details.
6. Users will be responsible for any breakages or damage.
7. Smoking is not permitted anywhere on the facility, no alcohol is permitted on the premises at any time. For the benefit of all our customers and local residents, we would ask that you do not use abusive language whilst at the facility.
8. Only service animals can be admitted to the facility.
9. No food or drink is allowed in the sports facility. Food and drink can only be consumed in the garden area. Water bottles may be used, any rubbish should be disposed of after use.
10. Any problems should be reported to the St Matthews Big Local staff/management immediately.
11. Any dispute relating to the use of the facility will be referred to the Management, St Matthew's Big Local.
Mondays 8.00am - 10.00pm
Tuesdays 8.00am - 10.00pm
Wednesdays 8.00am - 10.00pm
Thursdays. 8.00am - 10.00pm
Fridays 8.00am - 10.00pm
Saturdays. 8.00am - 10.00pm
Sundays. 8.00am -10.00pm
Phone: 0116 2518737